Fremont, CA – January 8, 2014 – SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX) has entered into a strategic relationship with Google, Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) to bring Google Chrome Management Console and related services to the North American channel to help solution providers deploy and centrally manage fleets of Chromebooks and adjacent products and services for their school district and commercial entity customers. SYNNEX, a leading distributor of IT products and services, offers a singular source for a comprehensive portfolio of technologies needed to implement a Google Chrome environment such as networks, network security, bandwidth, accessories and Chromebooks available on the market today from Acer, HP, Lenovo and Samsung.
Chromebooks combined with the management console create a new education solution to enable K-12 schools to deliver a better learning platform. Reducing expenses is a major selling point, however, the value of creating more instructional time in the classroom available to educators by using a device that boots up in less than 10 seconds cannot be underestimated. Additionally, Chrome Management Console is fully verified for Common Core standardized testing.
“K-12 education is a focus for our Public Sector initiative in 2014 and the addition of Chrome Management Console will play a big part,” said Eddie Franklin, Vice President, Sales, Public Sector and Vertical Markets, SYNNEX Corporation. “In addition to offering a turnkey solution around Chrome, solution providers can manage this business through SYNNEX’ Chrome specific CLOUDSolv marketplace. This tool provides order entry and decision support, allowing solution providers to deliver solutions customized for specific school district needs. Solution providers participating in the SYNNEX Chrome Community have access to multiple integration facilities in the US and Canada, a turnkey white glove experience and a host of other professional services strategic to this implementation. Chrome will drive significant spend for multiple vendors and it’s important to ensure that our solution providers have visibility and engagement, which will help us achieve our goal of providing a healthy ecosystem to support our partners’ efforts around Chrome.”
Solution providers can create user groups, pre-install and block apps, track assets, manage user access, control network access and customize user features without having to touch each device with Chrome Management Console. Additionally, SYNNEX has made significant investments to develop its “white glove” Chrome Management Console service portfolio. SYNNEX’ “white glove” service includes multiple options for solution providers to utilize:
- Pre-sales Consultation – SYNNEX offers solution providers and their school district customers a high level of consultation from inception through their consideration of Chromebook deployments. The goal is to develop a campus that is optimized for Chromebook deployment success and teacher adoption. Predictive and onsite wireless assessments are available, as well as Chrome Management Console set-up for first time deployments and proof-of-value school trials.
- Full Pre-deployment Service – SYNNEX updates Chromebooks, sets network settings and delivers Chromebooks pre-enrolled to the school district, ready to turn on and start using in the classroom upon arrival.
- End-User Concierge Desk – SYNNEX offers ongoing end-user technical support for teachers and administrators to inquire about usage or updates on behalf of the solution provider.
- Onsite Teacher Training – Enabling the biggest factor for success, SYNNEX offers teacher training so they are ready to use the curriculum. SYNNEX conducts trainings onsite to not only understand the technology, but how to incorporate it into the curriculum.
- Business Continuity Technologies has been beta testing Chromebooks with the management console in the rural community of Ely, Nevada in White Pine County School District. According to CEO Lester Keizer, “SYNNEX has made it possible for Business Continuity Technologies to catch the Chrome Management Console wave from the beginning, which has helped us build out our managed digital education practice.” Keizer further stated, “The management console opens up a whole new world for education. If the management console can bring evolutionary success in the classroom in the most remote town in the US with limited bandwidth, imagine what it can do in more populated districts.”
The Education market falls within one of SYNNEX’ largest vertical practices, Public Sector. SYNNEX Public Sector solution providers can take advantage of the SYNNEX GOVSolv program that provides (1) support in navigating and winning state contracts, and (2) access to state Digital Education Navigator (DEN), an online business development tool that provides solution providers with 24/7 access to the latest information needed to pursue K-12 and higher education IT markets and the use of E-Rate.
To schedule a Google Chrome Management Console demonstration or to experience firsthand at various live events to gain a better understanding of how you can bring your business to the forefront, contact SYNNEX at email@example.com or visit www.synnex.com/chrome.
About SYNNEX Corporation
SYNNEX Corporation, a Fortune 500 corporation, is a leading business process services company, servicing resellers, retailers and original equipment manufacturers in multiple regions around the world. The Company provides services in IT distribution, supply chain management, contract assembly and business process outsourcing. Founded in 1980, SYNNEX employs approximately 14,000 full-time and part-time associates worldwide. Additional information about SYNNEX may be found online at www.synnex.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this release that are forward-looking, such as product and service capabilities and features, the general success of the strategic partnership, the benefits of CLOUDSolv and GOVSolv, involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause the Company’s actual results in future periods to be materially different from any future performance that may be suggested in this release. The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release.
Copyright 2014 SYNNEX Corporation. All rights reserved. SYNNEX, the SYNNEX Logo, CLOUDSOLV, GOVSOLV, and all other SYNNEX company, product and services names and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of SYNNEX Corporation. SYNNEX and the SYNNEX Logo Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. Other names and marks are the property of their respective owners.
This announcement is distributed by NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions on behalf of NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions clients.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Synnex Corporation via Globenewswire